Date(s) - 25/03/2023 - 26/03/2023
Australasian College of Legal Medicine’s
2023 Annual Scientific Meeting & Awards Dinner –
Law & Regulation of Healthcare
This event is proudly delivered in association with the American College of Legal Medicine with representative guest speakers.
When: 25 & 26 March 2023
Where: Hybrid event – Hobart & Online (Live-streamed & recorded for later viewing)
Tickets: Medico-Legal Society of NSW members can access discounted member pricing as an official supporting organisation. Register online here!
Program: Click here to view (also attached).
SOME PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Opening Address – Her Excellency the Honourable Barbara Baker AC, the Governor of Tasmania
- Traps in Governance of Specialist Institutions – Walter Sofronoff KC, Commissioner of Inquiry into Forensic DNA Testing in Queensland
- The National Law: It’s not getting easier – Brad Wright, Barrister
- Creep of Scope Dilemma – Dr Eli Avila, President American ACLM
- Regulating the Individual Practitioner: Building resilience to combat vicarious trauma – Dr Adam Griffin, Director QLD Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit
- The Role of Health Care Providers in the Opioid Crisis – Joe Piorkowski, Defense Attorney (American ACLM Guest)
- Mental Health and Trauma in the Law – David Cocker, Solicitor, Blumers Tasmania
- Pandemic-related Situational & Vicarious Trauma in Medical and Legal Education – Dr Liz Valencia, Enterprise Associate Dean DEI, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine (American ACLM Guest)
- Plus many more!!
Flexible attendance options
The conference program will be both live-streamed and recorded for later viewing to cater for different time zones.
Ticket Cost (AUD)
- Live Attendees – $550 ACLM members – members price extended to the Medico-Legal Society of NSW members!
- Virtual Attendees – $500 ACLM members – members price extended to the Medico-Legal Society of NSW members!
- The Law Society of Tasmania
- University of Tasmania – Faculty of Law
- The Medico-Legal Society of Victoria Inc.
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
Visit the ACLM website to register and for more information – www.legalmedicine.com.au
Please be advised that photographs and/or audio and video recording may occur at events organised by Medico Legal for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By entering a Medico Legal event, you consent to Medico Legal photographing or recording and using your image and likeness. This may also be applicable at events not organised by Medico Legal, but still advertised on this site.